Call for Proposals
This Section invites proposals that address the following topics and issues:
- The theological implications of universalism
- The theoretical and religious explorations of maternality
- Theoretical and theological reflections on historical trauma and suffering, memory, and remembering
- Money and theology
- The phenomenon of post-Christianity and critical reflections on Giorgio Agamben’s The Kingdom and the Glory: For a Theological Geneology of Economy and Government (Stanford University Press, 2011)
- The continuing presence and consequences of modernity/coloniality in religious and theological discourse
- Grievability and mourning, and theories of affect in theological and religious reflections
- Roundtable discussions on topics dealing with pedagogy and difference in the classroom
This Section promotes new constructive work that is in dialogue with the historical theological traditions on the one hand, and with all aspects of the contemporary context on the other — intellectual movements, methodologies, multiple theological and religious perspectives, and ethical/social/political contexts. We have continued to indicate more specific topics in our annual Call for Papers, which we believe adds to the relevance and interest of the sessions.
Anonymity of Review Process
Proposals are anonymous to Chairs and steering committee members until after final acceptance/rejection.
Garrett Evangelical Theological Seminary
University of Victoria
Method of Submission