Call for Proposals
This Group invites proposals on the following topics:
- Black theology with non-Christian religions — methods and proposals
- Black theology as/with postcolonial theology and black theology engaging empire, global democracy, and global capitalism
- Theological anthropology in black theologies — issues of embodiment, postracial conceptions, mixed-race identities, virtual/online identities, etc.
- Visual and performing arts and black theologies
- Topics grounded in the Chicago context are especially encouraged — for a session cosponsored with the Arts, Literature, and Religion Section
This Group seeks to further develop black theology as an academic enterprise. In part, this is accomplished by providing opportunities for exchanges related to basic issues of black theology’s content and form. In addition, the Group seeks to broaden conversation by bringing black theology into dialogue with other disciplines and perspectives on various aspects of African diasporan religious thought and life.
Anonymity of Review Process
Proposer names are visible to Chairs but anonymous to steering committee members.
Monica A. Coleman
Claremont School of Theology
Anthony G. Reddie
Queens Theological Foundation
Method of Submission